Sources of Capital in our region
For many companies, angel capital may not be the right fit - and even if it is, our angel investors can only fund a small portion of the opportunities that come their way.
However, there are other potential sources of capital worth exploring if you are launching a new business or growing an existing one in the region. Here are a few suggestions to get started:
LOCAL CAPITAL providers
- Ten at the Top has a great list of capital providers in the Upstate of South Carolina
- The SC Department of Commerce has a similar SC-wide resource
- In Western North Carolina, Venture Asheville's startup resources map has some options
Advisers and Guides
- For help in both finding and preparing for startup capital, the SBDC, your local chapter of SCORE, or VentureAsheville's resources directory should be your first ports of call
HELP FOR IDEAS
- We get a lot of requests from people with "an idea" but no desire or time to build a business around them. We suggest you try a place like Edison Nation to see if someone else will work that idea for you.