Angel investors come from all walks of life with many varied backgrounds and interests. While they must all be "accredited" per the SEC's definition, the more important things they have in common are an interest in making good investments and in helping local early stage companies succeed.
- VentureSouth groups consist of over 200 angel investors, from Asheville to Charleston
- Our members include over 100 company founders and C-level executives
- Our members have expertise in every functional area of business, from operations to technology to finance, and across many industries from aerospace to education
- Member information always remains confidential
As a member of an angel group, investors can be as actively involved in any aspect of the group as they wish.
- No obligation to invest in any company at any time (but we hope all will participate)
- No obligation to serve on any diligence team (but volunteers enjoy the intellectual challenge)
- No obligation to work directly with any of the portfolio companies (but members who serve on boards and as advisors enjoy it and can add great value)
The minimum investment in a deal in which a member chooses to participate is $5,000.
The median investment from all the investments made by our members (of over 1,000 separate investments) is $10,000. Learn more about that here.
Where do our groups SOURCE Investment capital?
- Private individuals making their own investment decisions - 100%