New Member Orientation
Thank you for joining VentureSouth - we are glad to have you aboard! This page provides several initial resources to help you begin your learning and investing activity.
NEW MEMBER WELCOME PACKET
- First, please read our new member welcome letter for a brief overview of key processes and resources.
- The Investment Process Overview provides a detailed description of our investment process.
- Our FAQ document tackles many of the questions we hear most often from new members.
- This is the link to your VentureSouth meeting calendar, and this quick guide should help you navigate.
- The Angel Investing Glossary is a helpful resource for understanding potentially unfamiliar terms you are likely to hear.
VentureSouth uses a deal management platform called Venture 360 to manage our deal flow tracking, document storage, event scheduling and portfolio monitoring activity. You can access the platform here: https://venturesouth.venture360.co.
When logging in for the first time, click the link in the registration email that was sent to you. You'll enter your email and create a password (the VentureSouth staff does not have access to your password).
Please read the Venture 360 User Guide for a quick-start guide to navigating the system, and once logged in you can find additional resources by click the blue icon on the bottom right of any page. Through this blue icon, you can start a chat with a member of the Venture 360 development team, or you can input your query into the search bar that pops up.
The educational materials are also covered in the recordings of online workshops at the links below. The password for each is "angels".
- New member orientation
- Group technology 101
- Angel investment terminology 101
- Due diligence process
- Intro to early stage company valuations
At any given time, there are likely to be several open investment rounds among our portfolio companies and new opportunities. To review the currently active rounds, please review the open rounds on our Member Resources Page (password protected: please let us know if you need the password).
If you are interested in investing but have not yet received funding instructions, please contact a member of the VentureSouth team.
If these resources have not answered your questions, please contact us at any time - we are more than happy to get you the answers you need. And once again, thanks for joining VentureSouth! We're here to help you Make Money. Have Fun. Do Good.