Thank you for your interest in joining VentureSouth – we are excited to have you aboard! VentureSouth is a group of individual accredited investors who provide capital and guidance to early-stage companies located primarily in the Southeastern United States. VentureSouth members meet regularly in person and online to evaluate investment opportunities and to make individual investment decisions – with no obligations to invest.
- Membership in VentureSouth is offered by invitation only to interested accredited investors at the discretion of the Managing Directors of VentureSouth.
- All new Members must complete this Membership Application including self-certification of accreditation.
- Membership in VentureSouth is subject to annual renewal, non-renewal, revocation, or termination by the Managing Directors. Membership may be terminated or revoked at the discretion and determination of the Managing Directors if they determine that a Member has breached any terms of membership.
AS A CONDITION OF MEMBERSHIP, YOU MUST AGREE AS FOLLOWS:
- I will abide by the terms and rules of the Membership Code of Conduct included below.
- I understand that VentureSouth is not a venture fund, investment bank, broker/dealer, investment clearinghouse, investment portal, crowdfunding platform, or any other form of investment advisor or otherwise, and is not registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission or any state securities commission. VentureSouth does not provide advice, recommendation, or any other indication of appropriateness or inappropriateness for a particular investment.
- I must conduct my own analysis and due diligence to determine the appropriateness of any investment I make in any company to which I am introduced through VentureSouth. I recognize and agree that neither VentureSouth nor its representatives or agents are responsible or liable for any investment decision I make as a result of being a member of VentureSouth. The choice to use and the manner of utilization of information and knowledge gained through VentureSouth is my individual and personal choice.
- I understand that VentureSouth meetings are not an offer to sell or solicitation to buy any security by VentureSouth or any other entity.
MEMBERSHIP CODE OF CONDUCT:
- I will conduct myself in a professional manner at all times.
- I will respect the privacy of other members and not provide their name to any third party without their permission, and I will keep membership information confidential.
- I understand that the information provided to VentureSouth by candidate companies is confidential and I will not share the information outside the group without permission.
- I understand and recognize that VentureSouth meetings and communications are focused on investment pursuits and will not solicit another member for business.
- I will disclose to the group any relationship I have or may have with a presenting company, including any personal gain I may receive from the company.
- I will not pre-empt or circumvent the VentureSouth investment process once a company has entered the VentureSouth pipeline.
EMAIL AND INFORMATION SHARING
- I understand that VentureSouth communicates to its members and investors in portfolio companies through various platforms including email, and I hereby provide authorization to use my email address for such purposes.
- VentureSouth members become members of the Angel Capital Association, the leading trade organization for angel groups in North America. The ACA provides angel groups and their members with invaluable resources including best practice sharing, investor education, public policy advocacy and connections to leading angels across the country. By joining VentureSouth, you automatically become a member of the Angel Capital Association, and we encourage you to sign up for member only access on their website at www.angelcapitalassociation.org.