Goodbye Spring, Hello Summer! To justify our excitement about coming summer vacations, VentureSouth worked particularly hard this month! It was a near-record month for investing activity, combined with adding in-person meetings back to our virtual calendar. We also delivered a roster of education and guidance for members and entrepreneurs. We’re ready for the summer break!
- This past month, VentureSouth invested in five rounds in five companies, investing a total of $1.6M. While General Solicitation prevents us naming all five companies, we can announce investments in Emrgy and Reveal Mobile.
Founded in 2014, Emrgy Inc. is a transformational technology company that is redefining hydropower to remain the world’s most reliable, continuous, and cost-effective renewable energy resource in an energy economy shifting to distributed, intermittent renewables. Unlike conventional hydropower which requires gravity drop and head pressure for effective operation, Emrgy’s technology optimizes only on the kinetic energy or velocity of the volume of water flowing through a channel.
Reveal Mobile provides location-based marketing and analytics. Customizable reporting helps advertisers and agencies easily understand the audiences that visit the locations they care about, and the profile of that audience. The company’s privacy-compliant approach has earned the company membership in the Network Advertising Initiative, undergoing annual privacy certifications. Reveal Mobile VISIT Local lets you apply powerful, precise location data to rapidly improve your ad campaigns. It’s the one, easy-to-use tool for managing the 3 keys to motivating ideal customers—knowing who they are, reaching them based on where they go, and measuring your campaign’s impact on their actions.
- We were excited to welcome 14 new members to our flock! New additions spanned the Southeast.
- We were particularly excited that these new members were from cities where we operate in person groups (like Richmond VA and Fayetteville NC), but also from places where we do not – yet! – have an in-person meeting (like Oxford MS, Marietta GA, and St Petersburg FL).
Other Notable Mentions:
- As COVID restrictions relax, VentureSouth is meeting in person again. We had four in-person meetings/socials in May, and are looking forward to many more in June and the fall.
- VentureSouth and VentureCarolina hosted five educational sessions this month, covering subjects including How to Pitch, Valuing Early Stage Companies, and Exit Preparation. These sessions are for our members, prospective members, and entrepreneurs; so even if you are not a member, be sure to check out https://venturesouth.vc/events to view all our upcoming events.
- In May, we published testimonials several VentureSouth members and portfolio company CEOs, including Dr. Iarossi, a long time VentureSouth member, Scot Wingo, the CEO of Spiffy, and Jamie Christensen the President of Outdoor Access.
- VentureSouth is hosting a series of virtual informational sessions in the month of June. These informational sessions will take place in five different cities in the Southeast including: Nashville, Atlanta, Charlotte, The Triangle, and Jacksonville. If you are interested in attending, or someone you know would be interested, go to https://venturesouth.vc/ and click “News and Views” to see the market cities and to register.