Spartanburg Angels officially launched in February 2015. The group has grown to around 25 members, has invested in local Spartanburg companies including Atlas Organics, and continues to thrive thanks to the support of our members and community.
Spartanburg Angels is indebted to the Spartanburg Area Chamber of Commerce (particularly Meagan Rethmeier at the Economic Futures Group) and several founding members whose desire to see a group in Spartanburg eventually led to its successful launch.
Members in Spartanburg Angels come from a broad range of backgrounds and interest:
- Multiple members who are claiming the title "angel investor" for the first time
- Members with 20+ years of experience investing in early stage companies
- Over half our members have been founders and CEOs of companies
- Current or former leaders at many of Spartanburg's leading manufacturing companies
- Other backgrounds consist of financial investment professionals, hospice operators; valuation experts, real estate experts, management consultants, and brewers.
Members can access our deal flow and portfolio platform by signing in to ProSeeder.